May 30 2008
Yes i’ve finally done it i’ve decided it was time to become a blogger. I was inspired by many great blogs, that i will not name until i feel they will link us back.
And If you didn’t know TapeDown.Com is a private yet free mix tape torrents site. What we do is promote artist through the mix tapes and singles they release. Basically were just a big music fan site trying to share our love for Hip Hop music.
Here’s a summary of how to download with torrents:
First of all this is all FREE, because this is a sharing community. We are using a “Fully Legal Technology” called “Bit Torrent” to share files.
Terms we use, in the TapeDown.Com / Bit Torrent Community:
Leechers – Down loaders or anyone that is getting data(mix tape,video,any files) from someone else.
Seeders – Up loaders or anyone that is giving data(mix tape,video,any files) to someone else.
Whats a Torrent file:
A .torrent file is a small file around 10kb(could be a bit larger or smaller), that lets you connect with people that have the larger file(s) you need. You can download all sorts of electronic files such as .mp3,.wma,.avi,.wmv and any others that you may have on your computer.
Bit Torrent Program:
We suggest downloading uTorrent for all your Bit Torrent needs. uTorrent is a Bit Torrent Program, which is the program that let’s the .torrent file download the larger file(s) your looking for. Simply install a Bit Torrent Program then download and open your .torrent file in a Bit Torrent Program and your real file(s) will start downloading right away. Download uTorrent
Note: uTorrent has NO SPY-WARE and it is Completely FREE.
Here is a Step By Step View of how downloading with .torrent files works:
1. You simply download and install a Bit Torrent Program which is free of charge.
2. Then download a .torrent file of the mix tape or video you would like to download.
3. The content will start downloading(leeching,saving) and uploading(seeding,sharing) what you have downloaded to others at the same time.
4. When your download is complete it should automatically start uploading(seeding,sharing) to others who are not as yet finished getting the content.
5. Seed(share) for as long as you can, but not if your bandwidth is restricted or if your Internet Service Provider doesn’t like you to upload for to long. To be safe you may seed for 2-3 hours then stop your torrents for 15-20 minutes and seed for another 2-3 hours. Remember this one thing, do not download or seed a torrent all day or your Internet Service Provider might slow your speeds down.
Here’s Some Extra Notes to Clear up a Question i was getting a lot:
What is an Uploader and What is Seeding??
Being an Uploader means to add new torrents to the site and Seed(Share) them until others can Seed(Share) without the Uploader. Seeding(Sharing with Downloaders) means your sharing the full download you got from the Uploader through the torrent. Now lets think about this for a second, the Uploader makes torrents to share downloads with us. Seeders are Uploaders and anyone that has fully downloaded what’s being shared through the torrent. That’s it, if you have any issues still please contact me through this link http://www.tapedown.com/sendmessage.php?receiver=1
Hope this helps you understand about how TapeDown.Com works.